Tuesday 20 October 2015

Traces of Mercy by Michael Landon Jr. & Cindey Kelley (Review by Ashley Nikole)


Intrigue, suspense & the element of unknown (with the main character suffering from amnesia) set this book into motion quickly. I stayed up until 3 AM reading it, as I simply couldn't put it down without knowing the conclusion! Incredible post Civil War novel with amazing character's and a great plot!

The last third of the book is where things get pretty intense, and then you pretty much just hope you have a few hours to dedicate to sitting still and reading this emotional rollercoaster of a finish- yikes- and like I said, I stayed up till 3 AM when I accidentally found myself reading that last third before bed...yup, it happened. 

Romance in this book is present but pretty subdued. It exists, but it isn't really the focus of the story, and there isn't a whole lot of attention paid to it. So not at all steamy or intense on the romance side of things. 

Overall, the pace was pretty good. Occasionally it lagged at times with the nuns, but apart from that...I don't have any complaints about the plot or flow of this book. 

4.7 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment