Wednesday 30 December 2015

2015 - Flops & Faves

Thanks to Goodreads, I discovered how many books I'd read in 2015. 
Guess how many...*drumroll*...
70. 
BOOM! 
If you want a full list of all the books I read, you can check this link out for the deets :)
 2015 | Books | Year In Review

I'd toyed with the idea of creating a book reviewing blog for...quite some time, but this Summer I finally made the decision to do it, and in the Fall- Books She Loves was born!

With reading 70 books, I've read nearly every fiction genre I can imagine (except horror or vampires- not my jam), a good dose of YA Fiction, some Dystopian, several Historical Fiction (my first- and forever love), Fantasy, Contemporary Thrillers, & Military Suspense.
I re-read some of my favourite authors, and also discovered some rad new ones. (Um...hello Ronie Kendig & Lisa T. Bergren) I read some gems, and some...not so fabulous ones. In honour of the closing of 2015, I'll share some of the highlights from each star category.


// 5 Stars \\                            // 4 Stars \\
Waterfall                                             Fatal Exchange
by Lisa T. Bergren                                                                  by Lisa Harris 
Torrent                                                Lethal Legacy 
by Lisa T. Bergren                                                                  by Irene Hannon
Talon                                                   The Messenger 
by Ronie Kendig                                                                     by Siri Mitchell 
Maire
by Linda Windsor


// 3 Stars \\                           // 2 Stars \\

Shattered                                               Dauntless 
by Dani Pettrey                                                                  by Dina L. Sleiman
Dangerous Passage                 The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest 
by Lisa Harris                                                            by Melanie Dickerson 
The Captain's Bride                              Taken
by Lisa T. Bergren                                                        by Dee Henderson
Beyond All Dreams                              Emissary 
by Elizabeth Camden                                                   by Thomas Locke
                                                     Along Came Jones 
                                                         by Linda Windsor 
// 1 Star \\

Esther: Royal Beauty
by Angela Hunt
Petticoat Detective 
by Margaret Brownley 
Pompeii: City On Fire
by T.L. Higley 
An Uncertain Choice 
by Jody Hedlund 

It was a good reading year- and I'm so glad I've finally started a blog, to chronicle all these books! Which ones have you read?
Any recommends for 2016?

Come say hello on Instagram- @bookssheloves for my reviewing account, and @ToAshleyNikole for my lifestyle one. Well, 2015, we bid you ado. Welcome 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment